A Great Winter Recipe Treat - Vata BitesFeb 05, 2022
Get ready for some deliciousness!!
I have made these bites for some of my yoga classes in the past and family and friends and these bites are always a hit!
The original recipe comes from Banyan Botanicals. I tweaked the recipe a bit but there is a the link below to the original recipe so you can go there and check it out and retrieve the directions.
Here are the ingredients I’ve used:
- 2 cups raw cashews (I’ve used walnuts, pecans & a mixture of all)
- 2 cups pitted dates, preferably Medjool (YUM!)
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup Coconut or date sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom or more - I LOVE cardamom so sometimes I add a bit extra LOL
- Pinch of ginger powder optional
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pink himalayan sea salt
- Sometimes I sprinkle unsweetened shredded coconut on the top or totally omit - depends on how I’m feeling that day.
Click here to read more about why these bars are great for winter time and for Vata dosha, for the original recipe and directions on how to make them.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Ps. Have one of these bites with a nice hot mug of ginger tea for a double whammy of cozy winter goodness.
ALIGN YOURSELF WITH YOUR HEART'S
Claim your inner fabulousness & live a joy-filled life!